The latest collective labor agreement in higher professional education became final in June 2020. “Due to the corona crisis, uncertainty about financing and the increased pension premium, we cannot yet make new agreements for the longer term”, says AObdriver Douwe Dirk van der Zweep.
The CLA ran from April 1, 2020 to December 31, 2020, and is still in force until September 1, 2021 at the latest. Read more about the current negotiations.
Main points CLA HBO 2020
- During this collective labor agreement period (nine months), teaching staff will receive a wage increase of a total of 2,75 percent
- All employees will receive a one-off payment of 2020 euros gross in June 880. Part-timers receive the amount pro rata. Some universities of applied sciences were unable to credit the benefit to the payslips in June 2020. Then you will receive the benefit in July 2020.
- New employees who take up a position for which a master's degree is required enter scale 11. Now many employees with master's degrees are in scale 10. Read more
- Participation councils are better facilitated. Gentlemen get an extra eighty hours a year as support. In addition, they can decide for themselves how to use the money
- Abolition of pro forma performance reviews. If no appraisal interview takes place, the employee will simply be assigned a periodical
- Hours for sustainable employability are allocated by the employer in the standard annual task. The employee justifies afterwards what they have been spent on
- It is no longer possible to save hours for sustainable employability
- School boards no longer have to convert a temporary contract into a permanent contract in the case of a 'compelling business interest'. This already applied at the level of the entire institution, but now also applies at the educational level
- AObnegotiator Douwe van der Zweep previously explained this new collective labor agreement. You read that news item Through this link
- Download the negotiation agreement below. Work is in progress on the definitive collective labor agreement booklet