“The pay increase is in line with other sectors and while we realize it won't cover all costs, the travel allowance has improved. I'm happy with that," says AObdirector of secondary vocational education Henrik de Moel. The negotiator's agreement is now being presented to the supporters.
This is a collective labor agreement that applies from 1 May 2022 to 1 June 2023.
Main points of the negotiator's agreement 2022-2023
- All MBO employees will receive a salary increase of 4,2 percent as of 1 July 2022
- A one-off payment in July 2022 of 600 euros gross for a full-time job. Do you work less? Then you will receive the benefit pro rata. do the Salaryck to see what your new payslip looks like.
- The travel allowance will increase from 0,15 to 0,19 euro cents and the number of kilometers that will be reimbursed will increase from 50 to 80 kilometres
- Older colleagues are given an extra option in the context of sustainable employability. Colleagues who are 62 years old and who do not yet use the scheme at the age of 57 can also decide to work one day less (0,2 FTE) and pay 45 percent themselves. Colleagues in lower scales pay 30 percent themselves
- Parental leave is changing due to new legislation. In the first year of the child's life, MBO employees can take an additional 9 weeks of paid parental leave in addition to the current scheme, in proportion to their employment. They then hand in 30 percent themselves. It goes up to a maximum UWV daily wage and you can compare that with the end of the LB scale
- Employers and unions are lobbying together to get 90 million euros from politics to improve career prospects
- All MBO schools must have a homework arrangement in writing before June 1, 2023
- Read whole news item waarin AOb-driver Henrik de Moel gives a reaction.
The more members, the stronger we stand in the negotiations for your collective labor agreement. And, when you are a member, you have a say and you can influence this. We also organize meetings for members around the (new) collective labor agreements, so that you can make optimal use of them. In addition, as a member you have many other benefits, such as the right to legal aid for your work and income and the Education magazine on your doormat every month.
Become a member
CLA agreements for training
The collective labor agreement for MBO stipulates that teaching staff is entitled to 'training that is necessary to be able to perform their duties properly'. Those who work in the classroom are entitled to 59 hours of professionalization, and can derive rights from the training budget or plan of the education team. The employer must reimburse the employee for all costs if ordered. The employer must also provide study leave of up to three-quarters of the study load of the course or study program. If it concerns a request from the employee that is in the interest of the institution, 50 to 75 percent of the study costs will be reimbursed. Study leave then depends on 'the interests of the institution' and amounts to a maximum of one day per week.