Join the AOb! Together we can achieve more.
- Legal aid for your work and income
- Every month the Education Magazine in your letterbox
- The more members, the stronger we stand in the negotiations for your collective labor agreement
What does the membership cost?
|Working||Gross month||Net month|
|Teacher, professional from scale 9, management and self-employed person||18,10 €||10,86 €|
|If salary is below the minimum wage||12,95 €||7,77 €|
|Educational assistant up to and including scale 8||12,95 €||7,77 €|
|Prices can be indexed annually|
Benefits & conditions
View all benefits
Take advantage of all the benefits you get when you join the AOb gets:
- Legal assistance
- The Education Magazine on the doorstep every month
- Great influence in your collective labor agreement negotiations
- Get personalized advice
- Do the Salary Check and ask our employees questions about this
- Be the first to receive current education news
- Take advantage of exclusive benefits with FNV Members Benefit
Want to know more about what these benefits mean? Check it out here.
Terms and Conditions AOb membership
- New members are free for the first three months. You become a member for at least one year.
- In most collective labor agreements, you can get a large part of the trade union contribution back at the end of the year through your employer. You actually only pay about 11 or 8 euros per month net through the scheme 'Restitution of union dues'. All working AObmembers will receive the form to arrange the refund around October. This concerns a tax settlement of the union contribution against the end-of-year bonus. An example calculation: you have an untaxed end-of-year bonus of 1500 euros. This is then reduced - by then you have largely paid the contribution - by the contribution you paid AOb transferred, for example 215 euros. Then you come to 1285 euros. At that time, tax is withheld, so that on balance you see a higher net amount on your pay slip. Fill in the form before November 1 and hand it in to your school board. You will find the refund on your pay slip in December.
- When you use the discount rate, you must demonstrate that you are entitled to it if the AOb asks for this when checking. If you claim legal services and the income is higher than for the lower rate, the difference will still be charged.
- In the following situations, a discounted rate applies for which a self-declaration is required: working educational support up to and including scale 8, working part-time with a salary below the minimum wage, retired with income less than the minimum wage.
- Do you live at the same address with someone else AObmember? Then you will receive a € 2,05 housemate discount.
- Other memberships: those who stop working (and receive more than the minimum wage) pay 10,60 euros per month. With an income lower than the minimum wage and only when you are retired (including AOW benefit) is the contribution € 6,70 per month. Benefit recipients, working outside of education, social assistance or no work? Then the contribution is 10,60 euros. Are you entitled to benefits, working outside of education, entitled to social assistance benefits or do you have no work and do you want to become a member? Please contact the Information and Advice Center (IAC) on 0900 - 463 62 62.
- The general meeting has determined the new contribution amounts as of January 1, 2021. Working AObmembers will pay 25 cents a month more for their membership from next year. The indexation is necessary because of the increased prices and applies to all memberships.
Are you a student? Join for free
Are you studying at the teacher training college or a teacher training college and are you not yet working in education? The last two years of your studies you can become a member of the AOb and enjoy many benefits. Membership will automatically expire.