Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch universities
The negotiators of the AOb, the other unions and the employers' organization VSNU reached a negotiator's agreement for a new collective labor agreement in June 2021. This collective labor agreement has a term of more than one year and runs from January 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022. The agreements apply to approximately 55 thousand university employees. Read more about the agreement reached here.
Main points agreed
- As of 1 July 2021, all employees will see a structural pay increase of 1,64 percent appearing on their pay slips. This will be followed by a plus of 1 percent from 2022 January 0,36. All employees also receive a one-off payment of 650 euros for a full-time job. Part-timers receive this benefit pro rata. Institutions will pay this bonus in September 2021
- From now on, university lecturers, senior lecturers, professors and education management staff (obp) must be given a permanent contract after one year if they perform well (if they have 'proven suitability').
- The dismissal protection period will be shortened in phases from 13 months to 10 or 11 months. This depends on the number of years of service. Older employees who are five years or less before their state pension age and who have been employed for fifteen years or longer will now receive one year of dismissal protection from 1 July 2023.
- From 1 July 2021, 14 euros will be the minimum hourly wage, the six lowest salary scales will be raised with this
- University boards must enter into discussions with the Local Consultative Body (LO) to make proper agreements about the demarcation of work and private time.
- All employees should be given 'freely available working time' in which they decide for themselves what they can do. The LO should consider this
- Working from home allowances have been set and will apply from September 1, 2021
- Read the news item about this CLA with explanatory notes from AObnegotiator Donald Pechler via this link. You can download the negotiation agreement below.
Collective Labor Agreement for research institutions
The Collective Labor Agreement for Research Institutes runs from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
Main points of the Collective Labor Agreement for Research Institutes 2021
- A wage increase of 1,4 percent from January 1, 2021. The wage increase will affect the pensions
- The birth leave for partners is supplemented to 100 percent of the UWV maximum daily wage
- The bereavement leave for employees will be extended
- Download the entire agreement via this link. Read also the newsitem with the response of AObnegotiator Donald Pechler.