Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch universities
The negotiators of the AOb, the other unions and the employers' organization VSNU reached a new collective labor agreement in May 2020. This CLA ran from 1 January 2020 to 1 January 2021 and will remain in force until 1 January 2022 at the latest. The agreements apply to some 55 university employees. Read more about the current negotiations.
Main points of the collective labor agreement
- As of June 1, 2020, all employees will see a structural salary increase of 3 percent on their salary slip. In that month, the universities also pay a one-off gross payment of 750 euros for full-time employment. Part-timers receive this benefit pro rata
- Money is reserved for employees with temporary contracts who cannot continue their research due to the corona crisis. This concerns 0,45 percent of the available wage margin, about 20 to 21 million euros. With this money, universities can, for example, extend a temporary contract so that the research can be completed. The negotiators still make specific agreements about the exact use of the money
- The 'Vitality Pact scheme' - a trial to keep employees healthy at work until they reach retirement age - will be extended until December 31, 2021. Employees five years before their state pension age will be given the opportunity to work less
- An ombudsman function will be established at all universities. This must be set up before July 1, 2021. read this article for more information about this appointment. Read article in English.
- There will be a study of career prospects for young academic staff
- Read the news item about this CLA with explanatory notes from AObnegotiator Donald Pechler via this link. You can download the negotiation agreement below.
- You will find the frequently asked questions about this collective labor agreement on this page.
Collective Labor Agreement for research institutions
The Collective Labor Agreement for Research Institutes runs from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021.
Main points of the Collective Labor Agreement for Research Institutes 2021
- A wage increase of 1,4 percent from January 1, 2021. The wage increase will affect the pensions
- The birth leave for partners is supplemented to 100 percent of the UWV maximum daily wage
- The bereavement leave for employees will be extended
- Download the entire agreement via this link. Read also the newsitem with the response of AObnegotiator Donald Pechler.