CLA agreements for training

In all collective labor agreements, the AOb made agreements in recent years about professionalisation and further training. Take a quick look at what has been agreed in the collective labor agreement of your own sector about training.

De AOb conclude collective labor agreements in all sectors of education. When you are a member, you have a say and you can exert influence. We also organize meetings for members around the (new) collective labor agreements, so that you can get the most out of it. Do you also want to participate in decision-making, exert influence and learn?

Become a member

Primary school

Do you work in primary education? Then you are entitled to two hours per week of individual professional development for a full-time job. This time is independent of team training and can be saved up to training days. Furthermore, an average of at least 500 euros per FTE is available per school for these courses. The personnel section of the participation council decides how the total budget is divided.

Secondary education

Ten percent of personnel funding is spent annually on professionalisation in time and money. As a teacher at a secondary school you are entitled to at least 83 clock hours and you can decide for yourself how those hours are used. Both teachers and educational support staff receive a budget of 600 euros per year for training. Educational support staff are entitled to at least XNUMX clock hours. Training instructed by the employer is fully reimbursed in time and money.

De AOb has made many agreements about training in the collective labor agreements in recent years.

Secondary MBO education

The collective labor agreement for MBO stipulates that teaching staff is entitled to 'training that is necessary to be able to perform their duties properly'. Those who work in the classroom are entitled to 59 hours of professionalization, and can derive rights from the training budget or plan of the education team. The employer must reimburse the employee for all costs if ordered. The employer must also provide study leave of up to three-quarters of the study load of the course or study program. If it concerns a request from the employee that is in the interest of the institution, 50 to 75 percent of the study costs will be reimbursed. Study leave then depends on 'the interests of the institution' and amounts to a maximum of one day per week.

Higher vocational education

Universities of applied sciences must annually spend at least six percent of their total annual income on professionalization. Managers make agreements with teachers and support staff about the training activities and record this in writing. Do you have an employment contract of 0,4 FTE or more? Then you are entitled to XNUMX hours per year to work on your competence. Employees with a smaller employment contract get fewer hours. The employers must ensure that these hours in the annual job are exempt. If you have to retrain on the instructions of the employer and cannot refuse this, the employer must reimburse one hundred percent in time and money.

Academic education and research

Employees in academic education are given at least two development days a year to work on sustainable employability. These days may also be saved if a written agreement is made about this before the end of the year. Unused days without an appointment will expire at the end of the calendar year. The use of the days can be recorded in a portfolio.
The collective labor agreement of the Dutch universities states for the support and management staff (obp staff) that a 'number of appropriate development initiatives' must take place every year. A plan for this is drawn up in consultation with the employer. The employer facilitates the development process and makes sufficient money available. Working on one's own development is part of the performance and is reflected during an annual appraisal.